The Seven Chakras
- The Chakra consists of seven levels that correspond to various systems of the body.
- The chakras are located in the energetic body as opposed to the physical body.
- There are seven main chakras in your body, and they are shaped like a flower or a wheel, with petals or spokes that detail their composition.
- The chakras contain and process energy in your body, and just as energy can propel you, it can also block you.
- The chakras are like spinning balls of energy within your body like a series of cogs or wheels running up and down your spine working to continuously renew your energy.
- In a well-balanced, healthy person, the chakras move and spin rapidly and smoothly, and their colors are clear and bright.
- When you are stressed, ill or mentally impaired, your chakras get stuck, and they begin to slow down or even spin too quickly.
- They can even get discolored or fragmented if you are mentally, emotionally or physically impaired.
• The first chakra is the root chakra.
• It is located at the base of the spine.
• Its color is red, and it is tied to your survival instinct and your sense of security.
• Ideally this chakra brings you health, prosperity, security and a dynamic presence.
The Second Chakra – Sacral or Svadhisthana Chakra
• The second chakra, which is related to the color orange, is located in the abdomen, lower back and sexual organs.
• It is related to the element water and has to do with your emotions and sexuality.
The Third Chakra – Manipura or Solar Plexus Chakra
• The third chakra is your power chakra.
• It rules your personal power, will and autonomy, as well as your metabolism.
• Its color is yellow, and it is located above the naval.
The Fourth Chakra – The Heart Chakra or Anahata Chakra
• The fourth chakra is the color green.
• It is located at the heart.
• It rules the emotion of love and compassion.
The Fifth Chakra – The Throat Chakra or Vishuddha Chakra
• This chakra is blue or turquoise.
• It rules communication.
• It is located at the throat.
• This chakra rules your intuition or psychic powers.
• It is ruled by the color indigo.
• It is located above the brows in the center of your forehead.
• The crown chakra is located at the top of the head.
• It is attuned to your sense of knowing and enlightenment.
• It is associated with the color white.
How to Practice Chakra Healing?
- You can balance the chakras by imagining a beautiful shower of light moving through your body.
- Begin by visualizing a white light streaming down from above.
- Feel this light wash over you, cleansing your aura of impurities.
- Move the light down through each of your chakras, imagining each color spinning clockwise as if a clock was face-out on your body.
- Spend time at each chakra until you feel the energy spinning freely and the colors turning bright and clear.
- When finished, let your consciousness drift and ask your mind if it has any final messages for you.
- Before you leave, be sure to close each of your chakras, so you are protected and safe.
- Mentally work your way down the body; imagine the chakras closing like a flower would close at night.
- As you return to conscious awareness, know that your energy is clean and pure.
- You can also use sound healing and musical vibration to clear the chakras.